Upper and Lower Prosthetic Limb Services
Limb loss, amputation or congenital defects can all result in a need for prosthetic limbs, but no matter the cause, our prosthetists are experienced in providing the artificial limbs tailored to your particular circumstances. We work with you and your doctor to design, construct, fit and maintain prosthetics that are perfect for you, your lifestyle and your needs–whether yours is a bionic prosthetic leg, robotic prosthetic arm, myoelectric hand, or mechanical lower limb prosthetic. When the socket fits properly, it will give you the highest level of function and independence possible for your abilities.
Our Multidisciplinary Team Approach
On your first visit you can expect:
- Initial Consultation
- Complete Insurance Paperwork
- Schedule a return appointment to review your plan of care
- Prosthetic patients need to work closely with their prosthetic care team to have success.
Our team of prosthetic specialists work closely with the rehabilitation team, physician(s), patient and family members to provide improved care for the patient. Collective input from all team members creates a clear plan for better patient outcomes, and higher patient satisfaction with improved mobility results.
The Evaluation Process
- We work with a team of rehabilitation physicians, neurologists and rehab therapists to assess patients’ strengths, deficits and cognitive ability to provide the best possible outcome.
- Help the patient find the prosthesis that is best suited for their needs, and assist with insurance paperwork and approval.
- Being very friendly and professional during patients’ extremely emotional and difficult time in the hospital and during the healing process, as usually it is a life changing accident or trauma that has put them there.
- Having a great team of technicians that fabricate the custom devices in-house. It is very important that the patient is fit with their device quickly while they’re still in the hospital to start gait training and muscle strengthening. This also gives the practitioner a chance to make any necessary adjustments before patients are discharged.
- We have a stellar administration staff who provide excellent practitioner support and communicate with patients’ families and the care team with administrative questions and concerns.
We’ve experienced some of the most difficult medical cases needing limb replacements, and we’re confident in our ability to help you.
- Certified prosthetists are trained to assess the needs of the user, determine appropriate treatment plans with your other doctors, take measurements for proper fit and make adjustments over the life of your prosthetic limb.
- Once you have a prescription from your doctor approved through insurance, our prosthetists determine the precise technical specifications of your prosthesis.
- Over multiple visits you learn how to prepare for your device, and, once it is fabricated we help you achieve the proper fit and learn how to use your prosthesis.
From healing through fitting, we are actively engaged through every step of the process, from insurance paperwork through fitting and follow-up visits. The follow-up is so important because it is likely your device will need adjustments over time. You can find us in Sacramento, Pleasant Hill and the East Bay. Let us show you our commitment to your care, call to schedule a consultation today.
Is your prosthesis comfortable to wear?
If your prosthesis is so uncomfortable you cannot bear weight on it, call us for a consultation – sometimes a small adjustment is all that is needed to achieve proper fit.
Do you have particular needs, or a unique condition?
- Knowledgeable about insurance processes
- Expertise working with pediatric patients with congenital deformities
- Patient care is our number one priority
Is communication with your clinicians important to you?
At the center of our work ethic is our conviction that establishing a positive, trusting relationship with your prosthetist is crucial to the success of your care plan. We have answers to all your questions about your prosthetic limb, your care plan, and anything else to make your experience better.
Our bilingual clinicians enable us to deliver top quality results for non-English speaking patients. We’re proud of our bilingual prosthetists because we know how confusing the process can be and we do everything we can to minimize problems resulting from poor communication. Our staff of prosthetists will work with your team of providers to help you resolve challenges that get in the way of you living your best life.
Lower Extremity Prosthetics: Legs, Knees, Ankles, and Feet
Prosthetic legs should do more than simply keep you upright. From healing through fitting, our certified prosthetists are committed to your care and confidence. Our hope for you is that you’ll be able to maintain an active lifestyle in the way you want. Lower limb prosthetics don’t need to stop you from doing the activities you love.
Upper Extremity Prosthetics: Arms, Hands, and Fingers
Upper extremity prosthetics, like prosthetic arms, are a unique challenge. Finding a way to simulate or duplicate range of motion and activity with a bionic arm takes a commitment and we work directly with our patients and their care team to provide the most suitable type of prosthetic for comfort and their lifestyle. Our department head is an Upper Extremity Specialist. George has worked with myo-electric, hybrid as well as body powered componentry on all levels of prosthetic fitting including trans radial, trans humeral, shoulder disarticulation and interscapularthoracic patients. “I believe that providing a prosthesis is just the beginning of my responsibility as a prosthetic provider, I am also involved in the education and follow up care of my patients”, says George. He is always eager to learn new methods and philosophies and share for the benefit of the team as well as the success of the patients’ prosthetic experience.
Read George Villarruel’s Bio here…
No question is too big, or too small. Our Certified Prosthetists are available for appointment at each of our three locations. Give us a call today or contact us by email below.