Nicholas DeGabriele, Collier Practitioner
I started college with the hope of playing baseball with little thought about academics. Due to injuries, my life switched gears to helping athletes recover and prevent injuries through sports medicine.
After a few years at Sierra College I transferred to Cal State University Sacramento where I studied Athletic Training so I could help athletes continue their dreams of playing after injury. After graduating I received offers to work part time for High Schools.
Collier really took a chance hiring me to do marketing and bring my specific knowledge to the team. I started part time and over the past 2 years have transferred over to 100% patient care. My specific expertise and background regarding the knee has made me a great asset to the Collier team as currently I am seeing 35-55 patient a week for OA and ligament knee braces.
BOC Certified Orthotic Fitter (COF) Certification # C52814
Red Cross Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) 2013
- Started with Collier Orthotics & Prosthetics in fall of 2015 with sales and a limited role helping with patient care.
- Ligament and OA knee bracing specialist
- 2012 & 2014 professionally assisted Dr. Allen Hirahara, Brandon Padilla ATC with the CSUS football team with injury evaluations, sports bracing/taping procedures, physical therapy and emergency on the field care.
- 2013 American River College ATS professionally assisted Gil Bejarano ATC and Michelle Whitehead with injury evaluations, sports bracing/taping procedures, physical therapy and emergency on the field care.
- 2014 Woodward West Athletic Training Facility assisting Scotty Long ATC with injury evaluations, concussion protocol, sports bracing/taping procedures, physical therapy and emergency on the field care providing care to youth athletes.
- Liberal Arts Degree
California State University Sacramento CSUS
- Bachelors of Science in Kinesiology: Athletic Training (2014)