Custom fabricated AFO solutions
Our AFOs are custom-fabricated, and made-to-fit-to-you.
The choices can be overwhelming if you are in the first stages of a new diagnosis or being re-fitted due to changes in your condition. What is your level of activity, and what will insurance pay for? These are great questions to discuss with your practitioner to see what meets your needs.
After a referral from your doctor and an in-depth evaluation, Collier practitioners will outline your choice of options within our custom AFO orthoses or by custom-fitting a pre-fabricated product.
Our certified practitioners specialize in providing the best possible service and developing custom orthotics for the most complex deformity cases and controlling anatomy instabilities.
Our Custom-Engineered R-WrapTM Gives Patient Results No Other Provider Can Duplicate.
Designed with the patient in mind, our custom braces are designed to be easier to wear and much more comfortable. More comfort means patients are more likely to wear their brace as prescribed, which results in a much higher rate of success for the patient.
We can also customize serial casts, Flexcast Preparatory AFO’s, R-wrap AFO’s, and braces to help with spasticity management.
The Unique Two-Piece Unique Solution
The purpose of the R-Wrap AFO™ is to comfortably provide proper counteractive forces. The interlocking thin pieces of polypropylene enclose the foot and, through total contact, comfortably hold the best possible anatomical alignment to correct the patient’s spastic and tone induced patterns of movement.
- User gains confidence and increased function
- Eliminates ankle motion in all planes
- Tone and spasticity management
- Corrects flexible deformities, accommodates fixed deformities
Fabricated with strict quality control guidelines
Proprietary R-WRAP™ Custom AFO
- Comfortable control of spastic and tone-induced patterns of movement
- The total-contact design controls clonus and plantar flexion synergy during gait cycle.
- Two-piece interlocking system
- Ultra thin total contactInhibits severe spastic hypertonus
- Reduces equines contractures
Custom AFOs and KAFOs are used in non-ambulatory persons, post-operative patients, for ankle contracture splints and foot drop splints. Our line of custom ankle foot orthoses solutions are reported by patients to be much more comfortable than the average off-the-shelf AFO. With added comfort, patients are much more likely to wear the device resulting in less pain and an improved gait.
The R-Wrap will keep foot in 90 degree position and calcaneus at subtalar neutral helping to clear foot through the gait cycle.
- Tone is reduced
- Controls Spasticity
- User can gain range of motion or prevent further loss of range of motion
- Increased stability during stance and gait
- Patients improve in ambulation and transfers with full weight during activities
The Collier R-Wrap can be customized for any age and size.
Pediatric patients often suffer from severe tone. Traditional bracing can accommodate abnormal gait or limb differences, or perhaps relieve some pain. But what if there was a brace that could do more?
The R-Wrap does far more than a traditional rigid or articulating AFO with lower weight and greater comfort. The R-Wrap AFO flexes where appropriate, and still maintains the rigidity necessary to alleviate spasticity issues.
We save our patients save time and money with our adaptable AFO.
Our Articulating AFO is designed to be adaptable as the patient progresses. With “No-Cut” the AFO performs as a Solid AFO. As the patient gains better ankle control, we can “Cut” the AFO which allows for articulation. This service can be performed quickly and does not generate another Co-Pay for the patient.
Solid Custom AFO
- Controls knee hyperextension/flexion
Articulating No-Cut Custom AFO
- Controls knee hyperextension/flexion
- Drop-foot, Inversion/Eversion
- Can be converted to articulating when approved by PT specialist
Articulating Custom AFO
- Dorsiflexion assist
- Plantarflexion stop
- Free motion
- Knee hyperextension